Shaping the lives of young people by instilling respect for self, others and our natural world
Our Mission is to deliver a unique camp experience to young people concentrated in the greater Philadelphia area, without regard to economic circumstances. Our programs foster personal growth and provide a safe, affordable, and nurturing place for young people to enjoy the outdoors while learning about themselves, others and the environment.
Our Core Values
Supportive, Safe and Healthy Environment:
- We provide a secure living, learning and recreational environment, both physically and emotionally.
- We promote an environment where fun thrives and young people feel the confidence to take risks, feel challenged and are excited by new experiences.
- We provide opportunities to practice a healthy lifestyle through exercise and thoughtful food choices.
Sense of Community:
- We foster an environment of belonging and collaboration, where everyone feels that they matter.
- We are proud of our long heritage of providing memorable camp experiences and the life-long and multi-generational connection that our campers have with us. We place great importance on the preservation of our culture and the sustainability of our organization.
- We believe that our impact extends beyond the boundaries of our property limits. We maintain good relations with our neighbors in Horsham, the institutions we partner with, and the families we serve.
Respect and Diversity:
- We embrace the uniqueness and worth of every individual and view our collective diversity as a strength.
- We believe that to respect others and the world, young people must first respect themselves. We foster social and emotional growth by promoting positive self-esteem, empathy and resiliency.
- We believe that exposure to other perspectives, communities and cultures, both from around the greater Philadelphia area and across the globe, promotes a broader world view and a community of respect and tolerance.
Equity and Affordability:
- We provide high quality programs at reasonable price points and offer financial assistance for young people who otherwise would not be able to afford such an experience.
- We work with families to ensure that no child is turned away because of inability to pay and we especially seek out families with children who otherwise would not have those outdoor experiences due to economic circumstances.
Connection to the Natural Environment:
- We provide opportunities for young people to connect with the power, joy and beauty of the natural world.
- We believe that it is vital to preserve our camp’s natural environment and to foster a positive and lasting environmental ethic.